Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. What’s the tuition at The Grove School?
- A. The Grove School is a Public Montessori Charter School and does not charge tuition.
- Q. What is a Montessori School?
- A. Montessori schools are based on the theories and practices of Dr. Maria Montessori, Italy’s first woman physician. Dr. Montessori pioneered a uniquely developmental approach to education during the first half of the 20th century. She believed that the goal of education should be to create learning environments that foster the inquisitive nature of the individual and promote the natural unfolding of the each young person’s unique personality.
- Q. How do I get my child enrolled at The Grove School?
- A. The Grove School enrolls students on a first come, first served basis. Due to demand, The Grove School holds an annual lottery where individual students are selected from a pool of applicants. If you are interested in enrolling your student in The Grove School, use the Expression of Interest for Enrollment form to place your student’s name on The Grove School’s mailing list to receive information about the enrollment lottery.
- Q. Does The Grove School use state standards as the basis of its curriculum?
- A. The Grove School uses the Montessori Syllabus for adolescents as described in From Childhood to Adolescence by Maria Montessori. State standards are included in this cognitively rich and challenging curriculum and students take state mandated assessments, including Smarter Balanced Assessment tests and California Exit Exams.
- Q. Is The Grove School accredited?
- A. The Grove School is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and its high school level courses are recognized as meeting University of California A-G requirements.
- Q. Does The Grove School offer honors and advanced placement classes?
- A. Grove offers honors and advanced placement (AP) classes on a rotating basis so that each student could conceivably graduate with AP credit in all core disciplines.
- Q. Are The Grove School teachers credentialed?
- A. All core and college prep teachers at The Grove School have all been through state recognized credential programs and have California state credentials.
- Q. Do I need an inter-district transfer to attend The Grove School if I don’t live in the Redlands School District area?
- A. No. The Grove School is a California Charter School and accepts students from within and without the district although district students receive a preference at the annual enrollment lottery.
- Q. Where can I find the forms for Community Service hours or Family Commitment hours?
- A. The forms for Community Service hours or Family Commitment hours are available on the forms page.